• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Marty

Windowed while using 2nd monitor

Question

Marty

Hi, would anyone have any idea how to make the game launch in windowed mode while simultaneously be able to use the 2nd monitor without the game pausing? (Like many modern games support it) I have tried multiple solutions, but it just either crashes my game, doesn't launch in windowed (meaning I have to alt+enter) or just doesn't work at all. I would really appreciate some insight in this as I do want to make it work so that I would be able to look up things as necessary while also see everything that goes on in-game.

Marty

I actually managed to solve it by using the Actual Multiple Monitors by using the "Ignore Deactivation" under hotkeys which allows me to press a button on my mouse to enable it using the second monitor, however, first had to get the game in borderless mode with ENB and BorderlessGaming (not sure whether both are required). While it's not perfect, it's as good as it can get for a 2005 game.

Therefore this can be locked really.

Akiba

SAWindow.asi, Widescreen HOR+ Support, an asi loader like silent, wshps.asi. 

May not work with some ENBs. Make sure you go into the GTASAWidescreenfix folder and edit the config to allow alt tab without pausing.

Sparx

If you're wanting to play whilst being able to utilize your second monitor without tabbing I believe you need an external program. I, along with many others, used to use one called Actual Multiple Monitors which allows you to press a keybind such as T (to bring up your text box) and move your mouse over to your other screen(s) and mess about whilst still being tabbed in. Never heard of @Akiba's suggestion but that's cool if that works too!

• Like 1

Marty
42 minutes ago, Akiba said:

SAWindow.asi, Widescreen HOR+ Support, an asi loader like silent, wshps.asi. 

May not work with some ENBs. Make sure you go into the GTASAWidescreenfix folder and edit the config to allow alt tab without pausing.

20 minutes ago, Sparx said:

If you're wanting to play whilst being able to utilize your second monitor without tabbing I believe you need an external program. I, along with many others, used to use one called Actual Multiple Monitors which allows you to press a keybind such as T (to bring up your text box) and move your mouse over to your other screen(s) and mess about whilst still being tabbed in. Never heard of @Akiba's suggestion but that's cool if that works too!

Any clue as to how make the game launch windowed? I would hate always having to press Alt + enter to set it to windowed.

Quick edit: SAWindow.asi makes my game immediately crash, so that won't really work.

Edited by Marty

Marty
33 minutes ago, Sparx said:

Is there any settings that I need to use for Actual Multiple Monitors? When I have the game on windowed, it still freezes as if I'm alt tabbing. 

Also, already using borderless gaming.

Edited by Marty

Sparx

I know you're being thrown with links and stuff to download but I've not used AMM for a long time so I can't remember any of the configurations.

Try https://www.displayfusion.com/ also if you're still getting the game freezes. It's another premium "multiple monitor" tool that doesn't expire after a trial.

Akiba

Do the lsrp link method on a fresh install, then install your other things after to see which conflicts with it. It's worked fine for me for years.

Marty
1 hour ago, Sparx said:

Okay, this program seems to be working once I set the hotkey for "Ignore deactivation". My next issue, however, is how do I get the game to start in windowed mode? Borderless gaming doesn't do anything at all.

3 minutes ago, Akiba said:

Do the lsrp link method on a fresh install, then install your other things after to see which conflicts with it. It's worked fine for me for years.

I might give this a try later and see if it's gonna do anything. But whenever I put in SAwindow.asi samp just immediately crashed, like it gave me that error, didn't even start.

Marty
28 minutes ago, Akiba said:

Nope, it worked on the single player game (without the AllowAltTabbingWithoutPausing enabled, otherwise it crashed) but when I tried it with SAMP, it just didn't want to accept it. Any clue to this?

vans

I have few questions, what windows are you currently using? Have you ever experienced this problem in before? When did it happen, after you upgraded your windows or before?

Are you using a legal or illegal copy of GTA San Andreas?

After answering this questions I'll try to give you the best solution.

Edited by vans

vans

I'm glad that you managed to fix that :)

Edited by vans

west.

You can use SAMPAddon