News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Seaworthy

Murder is Tedious

Seaworthy

This is kind of open ended but a system where killing people leaves behind a body with evidence would be very interesting as well as steer people away from mindless murder. Disposing of a body while leaving no evidence behind with ease every single time is PG imo.  Depth in whatever system the server uses to handle dead bodies would really elevate rp, discuss.

• Like 1

Clout

Are you suggesting that your corpse would stay but you would respawn after accepting death?

west.

I don’t know this is to extra. The streets are gonna be filled with bodies such as ocean flats where death will be a daily occurrence most likely.

Edited by west.

Seaworthy

It’s an rp server though like, shouldn’t the players take into account what happens to the body? I’ve seen people get into whole shootouts in their own home ic, say “ let’s get out of here “ and return 30 minutes like 8 people didn’t just die in there. Bodies don’t just despawn and vanish from history and existence. 

Yes CloutToken

Neaksy
1 hour ago, Seaworthy said:

It’s an rp server though like, shouldn’t the players take into account what happens to the body? I’ve seen people get into whole shootouts in their own home ic, say “ let’s get out of here “ and return 30 minutes like 8 people didn’t just die in there. Bodies don’t just despawn and vanish from history and existence. 

People don't just get killed and respawn either.

Such a system would only really be efficient in a server where all murders are a CK. There's no point investigating most Player Kills because people respawn, move on with their memory about their death and their killer wiped. It would be silly to investigate the death of a person who's otherwise still alive.

Sure, we can have bodies (NPC or object) remain after the person is dead, but what happens when both the dead corpse and the victim are close to each other? The body is found by the police, then what? The justice system on roleplay servers isn't the same, we don't have DNA samples. All they'd do is call the morgue, if the killer is offline, or even if he is online there's really not enough evidence he did it and so the police can't just imprison him on this suspicion alone.

If cops find the criminal transporting the dead corpse, sure I suppose but it would be rare, people would just leave the bodies there for the reasons I've mentioned above, it's less risky to leave the area than stay with the dead body. And because the person would've already respawned, investigating would be hard to do since it would involve PMing the PK'd person which would be annoying.

It would work better if deaths were all CKs because people would remain in-game to make sure the person who killed them gets caught. With a PK people move on from that death whenever they respawn.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 1

Seaworthy

I’m on my phone so my answers are short but I just have a problem with entire groves of people being wiped out and it being forgotten. Killing someone is just too easy to get away with unless they plan on sitting in the BW screen until someone decides to pay their body some attention.  I don’t know exactly how it’d be done but some consideration into the matter would be great.

ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ
5 hours ago, Neaksy said:

It would work better if deaths were all CKs because people would remain in-game to make sure the person who killed them gets caught. With a PK people move on from that death whenever they respawn.

ok you can stop there

• Like 1

Neaksy
2 hours ago, ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ said:

ok you can stop there

I'm not necessarily saying we should make all deaths CK. I'm saying this suggestion would only work efficiently under that system. I've explained my reasoning in the paragraphs you omitted.

Edited by Neaksy

Guest kane

We have a feature in place for this.

When players die, a corpse is made. Bodybags are also a feature. 

Sign in to follow this