News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Cruz

Accent

Cruz

Cesar Garcia (Salvadoran Accent) says:

Who's up with accents? Should we add this one script wise? 

Queen

No no no no no 

This allows people to put dumb shit like Gangsta accent, Compton accent or be called Bob Smith with a Russian accent. Type how you would speak and/or put it in your description (appearance?). It’s not necessary.

• Like 1

Cruz

Ofcourse, you need to request the accent to the helpers in game like. /prefix Spanish Accent. And there will appear something a formal information onto the text line, if the accent is not fit to their name they can deny it. No one will do the thing you talking about unless we got 50% Noobies from a stupid servers.

Cruz

Gangsta Accent or Compton Accent is not allowed, its all about racist, my @Queen.

budala

No, dumbest thing ever on "roleplay" servers.

If your character has an accent, you state that in /me, /ame and you are good to go.

• Like 1

Queen
12 minutes ago, Cruz said:

Gangsta Accent or Compton Accent is not allowed, its all about racist, my @Queen.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it racist, but it’s dumb and stereotypical. I find it really limiting to what you can do as well. Regardless of that, still a no from me. Still dumb. 

Templar
10 minutes ago, budala said:

No, dumbest thing ever on "roleplay" servers.

If your character has an accent, you state that in /me, /ame and you are good to go.

Essactly.

No.

Cruz

First of all, accents is not 'dumb' on a roleplay server because it was used on popular servers like PR.

But I still respecting your opinions, thank you.

Neaksy

Not really needed to be honest, would fill the chat with something so trivial. People can just /ame has a French accent.

• Like 1

amity

Nothing stopping you from a /me saying you speak with whatever accent. Adding this script will lead to further abuse and quite frankly isn't needed in my opinion.

• Like 1

Norse

I find the "/accent" thing to ruin the immersion of the role-play when other people are typing, you can always type a certain way to depict you're sounding different then the accent that you're used to like lots of redneck role-players will "Wit' sum shiet lik' des." If however you really need to clarify that you're sounding different but can't find a way to express this from the way you're typing or representing your character a /ame or /me will suffice... + it makes the overall chat-box look cluttered and annoying.

• Like 1

Brick

Dequantes Hazurov says: (Russian accent) Get fuck out of my hood, esshole! Arrrrghh ! Zis Ocean Flats Gangster Crrrip, my nigga! Arrrrghh !

tw1ster

Accents aren't in the works to be added as of now. If you wish to RP with an accent, a simple /ame stating the details of that accent works just fine! :)

• Like 2