News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Jas0n

Construction

Jas0n

I have always thought throughout my time on SA-MP that this suggestion could add a sense of realism onto the server. My suggestion is somewhat simple, I propose that perhaps down the line that licensed construction companies could be implemented through an IC manner via the government contracting. Construction companies?  What's new about this? Well, my idea is that these companies could put in a request to demolish and construct building sites throughout the city (requesting this through an OOC matter prior as this would have to involve scripting/mapping etc). The construction must take place via correctly roleplayed firms, creating a further market for civilian roleplayers and broadening the possibility of an ever-changing city IC. The possibilities would be endless, creating potential for legal and illegal roleplay.

Replacing obsolete buildings/features with something that could bring more roleplay to the server without it popping up out of the blue.

Edited by Jas0n
  • Like 1

Neaksy

Yeah. I always thought it would be interesting if, when the OOC staff wishes to add new mapping, for a week or two replace the old and new building with a construction site for a licensed company to handle and people can roleplay this fully. Usually, it's just a server restart and in a snap of fingers there's a new mapping. Would offer a deal of possibilities. The mapping process would also be dealt with ICly this way, with a newspaper article showing the new construction project before it's built etc.

Jas0n

Yeah man, exactly. For instance this could possibly create the use of unions, corruption (bribing government officials for planning permission), money laundering, civilian roleplay and every day life roleplay as opposed to trucking and the other mundane legitimate jobs that most SA-MP jobs have to offer.  As fore-mentioned  the practicality of updating the server's landscape and removing useless features in the city would be extremely effective to creating a sense of a more real living city environment. I mean why have a baseball field when a petition for a basket ball court could be implemented? Or why have a derelict warehouse with no use when a mall could be constructed? The possibilities really are endless. It may even offer a potential /job feature which can be appointed by firm managers to help the economy and earn a realistic wage from an IC point of view with tasks such as: Moving crates with forklifts from checkpoint A to checkpoint B, delivering construction items from a destination to a construction site, etc. It's food for thought. 

tw1ster

The main driving force behind this suggestion is the fact that it's up to a player to create a company and show interest in it. If someone comes forth and makes a reputable company that isn't going to fizzle out overnight, and actually shows interest in this, I don't see why not. Albeit, you may not be entirely too busy as a foreman to a construction company, because currently we don't have plans to add much mapping exterior-wise. Of course that's always subject to change when our priorities do.

Don Delgado

Yes, clearly. This is an awesome idea but it need support from the scripting/mapping team, as the mapping should be done at different time points to make it realistic and interactive: mapping & roleplaying the demolishing, the construction and then the final product. 

It can also be combined with the idea of buying a space from the government and building on it. This would also introduce new roleplay careers, for example the architect. 

Edited by Don Delgado

Seaworthy

It would be cool to see additions added to the mapping, big and small.

Sowson

Nice, definitely support.

Finch

Used to happen on an old server I used to play quite some time ago. A player ran construction company, alongside the construction skins would have admins pop up “construction mapping” whilst they roleplayed erecting / removing buildings. Same situation for players own mapping requests, this faction would take that on ICly.

Sou

I've heard this suggestion for multiple times in previous servers I've been in, and these kind of suggestions are really good despite the fact that the implementation doesn't happen in the end.

I'm supporting this suggestion as not only would I like to see the implementation of this concept, but I have never actually seen one being roleplayed.

(I think the sad part about this is that only fewer players should have the chance to engage in this kind of roleplay. Like, better than good ones)

(Yes, I meant the redundancy)

Akiba

Forwarding.