News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
crimeson

new experience system

crimeson

ok so this would be a big change i guess and probs wont be implemented but im just trying to see what you guys think of it, just randomly came into my mind:

So, instead of people getting paychecks/payday every hour their hours get stacked and they receive their payday on the 1st of January. You get the same money as you would with 1 hour paydays, but you just get it as a whole and more realistic I guess. For example, instead of getting $1000 every hour, let's say you play 30 hours a month you will get $30,000 in the 1st of January. This would be better since people would actually would try to get monies by roleplaying and shit. You get the paycheck at the beginning of the month and spend it all on a car or a house and you have no monies left?!?!?! You roleplay or work to get some more monies! 

AGAIN NO FLAME IM SCARED I ONLY WANT OPINIONS WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?!?!?!?!?!??

• Like 1

Timber

I'm not sure time from the real world translates that well to SAMP time,  I love this idea.. Always thought the every hour system sucks but waiting a month is way too long for a game, maybe a paycheck every 24 hours would be better.

crimeson
9 minutes ago, Timber said:

I'm not sure time from the real world translates that well to SAMP time,  I love this idea.. Always thought the every hour system sucks but waiting a month is way too long for a game, maybe a paycheck every 24 hours would be better.

Ya I kinda over-exaggerated with 1 month. 24 hours stacking would be gucci aswell

Legenda

I mean along as the system doesn't overly inflate the economy it sounds cool.

Tommy ツ

Agreed with the 24 hour thing but wouldn't that mean everyone would have to be on at a certain time to get a paycheck?

crimeson
Just now, Tommy ツ said:

Agreed with the 24 hour thing but wouldn't that mean everyone would have to be on at a certain time to get a paycheck?

nah its on your personal 24th paycheck, not the same for everyone. someone will get it at 6pm while someone else will get it at 7pm

• Like 1

Tommy ツ
Just now, crimeson said:

nah its on your personal 24th paycheck, not the same for everyone. someone will get it at 6pm while someone else will get it at 7pm

But how would that time be calculated? That doesn't make sense.

crimeson
1 minute ago, Tommy ツ said:

But how would that time be calculated? That doesn't make sense.

same as the /levelup feature is calculated lol? not everyone levels up at the same time

Edited by crimeson
  • Like 1

Tommy ツ
Just now, crimeson said:

same as the /levelup feature is calculated lol?

So you have to play 24 hours to get a paycheck? As someone who plays SAMP for 2/3 hours a day I'd rather not wait a week for a paycheck from a game.

Sparx

I can see how the suggestion will roll over more realistic situations involving money management, it'll rightfully strike a more real-life atmosphere. But I have concerns about the complexity that a large gap like this will create. People will be craving money, robbery will almost tenfold and at the start of a server where all people do is rob each other and push to get money might cause issues - but I don't really want to throw predictions out there, anything could happen, good or bad!

But as Tommy says, what if a situation occurs where a user logs off before the 24-hour mark - does he lose all of that progress?

• Like 1

crimeson
3 minutes ago, Sparx said:

I can see how the suggestion will roll over more realistic situations involving money management, it'll rightfully strike a more real-life atmosphere. But I have concerns about the complexity that a large gap like this will create. People will be craving money, robbery will almost tenfold and at the start of a server where all people do is rob each other and push to get money might cause issues - but I don't really want to throw predictions out there, anything could happen, good or bad!

But as Tommy says, what if a situation occurs where a user logs off before the 24-hour mark - does he lose all of that progress?

obviously not, the paychecks get stacked and you get the money once you hit the 24 hour mark

Bospy

Stacking 24 hours up in-game is really bad just to receive one paycheck. Some players may only spend 9 hours ingame with no source of income. A day in-game is a lot of time. I'm satisfied with an hour-based system.

Sowson

Leave it as it is, jesus.

And it's money.

Neaksy

Yeah I think it would be too inconvenient for people who don't play a lot. Hourly paychecks (which IC would correspond to one month's pay) is just fine. There are no benefits to forcing a threshold of one day before a person collects their paycheck, it just hurts less active people more because they can't collect their money in so long.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 1

Clout

No, keep it 1 hour.

Sign in to follow this