Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Kushy

Secret places where you can purchase illegal items

Recommended Posts

Kushy

Let's say a mafia owns an underground business where they sell illegal guns,drugs,girls,gas,ammunation etc. My idea is to implant secret businesses that have to be aleast out of the city. Where the players has to find out completely IC'ly. Like they can be under tunnels or inside homes with basements where people can just walk in the basement. It's like a mini black market. If cops find out on the business then they can raid it completely and arrest the owner or the people that have been caught inside the businesses, the admins can remove all the commands and etc that were inside the business due to it being raided and the illegal items being confiscated.

Edited by Kushy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algebra

Well, this needs an offical faction and I don't see how the script can help the idea? Because once the location leaks out OOCly, people will find it ICly ''somehow''... So it's best-kept in character and without any script. Mafia's will not sell anyone guns by just asking them, so the suggestion is not adding up. Best option is to keep everything ICly without the script's help. Also this suggestion is a suggestion that should have low priority compared to other suggestions. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kev
2 hours ago, Algebra said:

Well, this needs an offical faction and I don't see how the script can help the idea? Because once the location leaks out OOCly, people will find it ICly ''somehow''... So it's best-kept in character and without any script. Mafia's will not sell anyone guns by just asking them, so the suggestion is not adding up. Best option is to keep everything ICly without the script's help. Also this suggestion is a suggestion that should have low priority compared to other suggestions. 

 

I agree, if something like this was implemented it would be abused heavily once the locations got leaked. It would make no sense to have an official faction set up an area where any civilian could buy guns/drugs, not to mention the potential metagame from Law Enforcement factions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lordt

can be done through rp, doesnt need a script and once one person finds it its gonna get leaked to everyone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haki

I am not really a big fan of the RPG mechanics and this feels like one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kushy

I’m not saying that the owner should go around spilling details of their underground business. I’m just saying people need connections in order to know where to get the goods. How about we put a rule stating that if you leak information on these type of underground businesses then it’s a ban from the server. Give you an example here in california we have dispensaries of weed that are kept underground atm even tho weed is legal but FBI can still raid the business and shut it down. That’s how i got my idea. I’m not trying to make this RPG, I’m trying to make this realistic as possible without hurting the role play scene. Cops need a source from someone like get an undercover detective to scoop around come up with ideas, find informants or something. The rule would apply to cops aswell. 

Edited by Kushy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Templar
3 hours ago, Kushy said:

I’m not saying that the owner should go around spilling details of their underground business. I’m just saying people need connections in order to know where to get the goods. How about we put a rule stating that if you leak information on these type of underground businesses then it’s a ban from the server. Give you an example here in california we have dispensaries of weed that are kept underground atm even tho weed is legal but FBI can still raid the business and shut it down. That’s how i got my idea. I’m not trying to make this RPG, I’m trying to make this realistic as possible without hurting the role play scene. Cops need a source from someone like get an undercover detective to scoop around come up with ideas, find informants or something. The rule would apply to cops aswell. 

That is why official factions will have drugs and arms to distribute them around. All connections MUST be made ICly. It is upto the members of the official faction to set up an underground ring, a business or to simply hook someone up regularly. There is simply no need for any script mechanics in this sphere. Roleplay is created by the players, not the script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Survivalmaster

Yeah as a few people have said, I think this can be achieved without being scripted, official factions will have the ability to acquire goods, it's up to them really how they'll be sending them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glass shatters

I don't think any official faction would stick their hand out to this idea. Sure they will have their private warehouse and so on, but that doesn't mean they should disclose their information to unwanted eyes. Black Markets however could serve properly for this medium, as to where players can properly interact with these "illegal items".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RexSmithy

Lmao, you do realise anyone can make this without any scripting or shit needed? Player buy house, furnitures it into a basment, boom you have it. It's roleplay bruh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bospy
21 hours ago, RexSmithy said:

Lmao, you do realise anyone can make this without any scripting or shit needed? Player buy house, furnitures it into a basment, boom you have it. It's roleplay bruh.

 

This would be a better method, if you scripted a way for police to "break" it with some sort of monetary damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint

I'd much rather see it done through pure IC interactions and such. Having it performed through a set location in the script can and will be abused. There are tons of communities who've implemented this feature and it only leads to abuse and DM sprees. I don't support this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brick
On 1/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, Saint said:

I'd much rather see it done through pure IC interactions and such. Having it performed through a set location in the script can and will be abused. There are tons of communities who've implemented this feature and it only leads to abuse and DM sprees. I don't support this.

 

Facts. Sounds too PGish. Can't support it, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest kane

This'll be a no for now. Players would be better off creating something like this at an in character medium. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×