Clean.

BurgundySuit

great read, good work on this guide.

Victor_Ruffino

The Manifesto.

Daniel_Laspiro

Good stuff, sir!

tw1ster

I've never really given LCN RP a shot aside from Valenti. The biggest thing that steered me away from it was the anonymity of the members and lack of information but that could just be me not understanding things properly. Most people who take the time to RP in the LCN seem to be close knit friends with a deep history of role-playing in the LCN. There's some aspect of LCN roleplay that just makes it seem very secluded; albeit when compared to gangs, introducing yourself in the LCN takes a lot more effort and is drastically different and more challenging. Is the focal point of this guide to: Make a character with an acceptable ethnicity and then go about living your character's life being a civilian and making connections that way?

Also, since most LCN RP'ers seem to be gather to these threads, what makes you guys choose the LCN over other factions? Is it just personal taste or is there something more? Thanks for the information regardless.

Victor_Ruffino
16 minutes ago, tw1ster said:

I've never really given LCN RP a shot aside from Valenti. The biggest thing that steered me away from it was the anonymity of the members and lack of information but that could just be me not understanding things properly. Most people who take the time to RP in the LCN seem to be close knit friends with a deep history of role-playing in the LCN. There's some aspect of LCN roleplay that just makes it seem very secluded; albeit when compared to gangs, introducing yourself in the LCN takes a lot more effort and is drastically different and more challenging. Is the focal point of this guide to: Make a character with an acceptable ethnicity and then go about living your character's life being a civilian and making connections that way?

Also, since most LCN RP'ers seem to be gather to these threads, what makes you guys choose the LCN over other factions? Is it just personal taste or is there something more? Thanks for the information regardless.

Well, LCN generally is a secluded life, so of course it's gonna be far more difficult to get yourself associated and connected with mobsters, when in comparison to gang RP, it is quite easy due to the fact that gangsters make their affiliations and life known, while mobsters typically do not parade their life of crime. This seclusion, this hard work that it takes in order to get involved is the thing that attracts us to it, plus, there's just the simple fact that some people like to roleplay being a mobster.

Bospy
52 minutes ago, tw1ster said:

The biggest thing that steered me away from it was the anonymity of the members and lack of information but that could just be me not understanding things properly.

Organized crime is inherently reclusive, so unlike any gangs you aren't going to run into a member of an organized crime group in the open doing something illegal. Or they might, but most likely it's rare. They don't have a corner that they stand at and peddle drugs from. They don't care about turf. Some times it's a front, some times it's a small racket, and sometimes it's a one-off occasion, but their main goal is making money through quiet means. The easiest way to get into organized crime roleplay is to just hang around and roleplay. You don't need to know the structure, the secrets, the job descriptions. That will come naturally, as it did for me when I did it for a brief amount of time. And it's not even necessary, to be honest. To succeed, you need to have an interesting character. It's the same principle and concept of being a good cop RPer - people always stress about the "shooting". That's not the ticket to success. Your roleplay determines your position and how far you end up going.

In addition, though, I've found that a lot of egotistical people get attracted to this "brand" of roleplay, just on the basis of the dependence of character interactions. Everyone wants to be proud of their accomplishments, and in LCN RP it's really easy to get into that mindset. Everyone wants to be unique but end up doing something that's been done many times before or jump into it with the wrong mindset. That leads to the ego. It attracts people like that, primarily just on the basis of the "tough guy" attitude that a lot of media paints the mafia with. In reality, members of successul LCN crews in real life have most often been analytical and quiet. Same principle as successful gang leaders for La Eme and the AB, they're soft-spoken and look at it professionally.

Edited by Bospy
  • Like 1

Phillip_Casciano

Yep.

Jondetti

I would add that when approaching a LCN faction through it's hangout (for example a bar) you should introduce yourself in a way that would make a lasting impression to the members and in a good way. I see a lot of people who  come in and ask for ''a job'' or try to get employed as a bartender. Realistically speaking, any self-respecting bar would not just straight off the bat accept first person comes through their door and even if they do it, the position isn't limitless, you can't have 20 bartenders in one bar.

I don't think that what you wrote is a guide though, it's more of a gathering of tips. By no means though I say that what you wrote is in-accurate. I totally agree to this ''guide''.

Phillip_Casciano
24 minutes ago, Jondetti said:

I would add that when approaching a LCN faction through it's hangout (for example a bar) you should introduce yourself in a way that would make a lasting impression to the members and in a good way. I see a lot of people who  come in and ask for ''a job'' or try to get employed as a bartender. Realistically speaking, any self-respecting bar would not just straight off the bat accept first person comes through their door and even if they do it, the position isn't limitless, you can't have 20 bartenders in one bar.

I don't think that what you wrote is a guide though, it's more of a gathering of tips. By no means though I say that what you wrote is in-accurate. I totally agree to this ''guide''.

The title is meant to be ironic because there is no real "guide" to LCN roleplay.

"In mob roleplay, you make a character and let the rest happen. Every other guide teaches you how to be perfect. Nobody’s perfect."

- wise man, Anthony Gennaro.

Ralph_Merlo

Preach.

best kept secret

Well said.

Boogeyman

I have roleplayed pretty much anything over the years and I have to says roleplaying LCN is the most fun and most frustrating genre to roleplay. As stated in posts above it does take the most effort to get just noticed being far from made. However it is also the most rewarding you feel happy in real life when you had that chance to talk to one of the big guys in game. The frustration comes in when you least except it, when you think all is going well, to well actually, to good to be true it usually is. Next thing you know, you got yourself a one way ticket to the land to come. For all those who never did this type of roleplay you really should, because you know what they say "once you go LCN, you never go back."

• Like 1