News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
DamianC

Stance on the SA-MP Version Fiasco:

DamianC

If you aren't aware development for the 0.3.8 project has been cancelled due to lack of interest and overall innovation from most servers. I've stuck by Kye for many years through good times and bad times and nothing is going to change my stance on that. He knows this modification better than most of us and he has a clear vision for it and I will always respect that. However we're still presented with a crossroads type of problem here.

There's basically going to be a bit of a division formed in the SA-MP community until we have the future updates for 0.3.7, which hopefully won't throw a wrench in our plans aswell. We here at Bay Area have decided that the server will be on 0.3.7 DL, please don't ask me what DL means I don't know neither.

Which means we're going to most likely need guides explaining to people how to reach our server, because I'm almost positive the DL will not be available on the sa-mp.com main site. No biggie. We already have a lot planned with this branch of SA-MP and it'd be a severe strike towards motivation to tell our modding and mapping team their work was pointless. Hopefully through time we can prove to Kye that his work will always be appreciated, at here at least.

Thank you and Happy MLK Weekend!

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

The Stick-Up Man

Kinda sucks, to be honest. Many people were looking forward to 0.3.8.

100Bucks

Well is everything going as it should be or will there be a change now? huh :3

100Bucks
Just now, The Stick-Up Man said:

True.

DamianC
1 minute ago, The Stick-Up Man said:

To be honest 0.3.7DL is already amazing as is. I don't know what people want besides everything he's already done so far. It's a bit comical reading the posts on the sa-mp forums of people threatening to quit and telling Kye he ruined sa-mp. Just yikes. It is a headache only in keeping everyone, especially new comers, on the same page. That's about it.

• Like 2

glockextendo

Ain a biggie, as the old man used to say.

• Like 1

Slim

Glad that you've put that out and hopefully everyone will be on the same page.

Giga
9 hours ago, Giga said:

For the record,

Only the version (SA-MP 0.3.8) will be discontinued. The most-anticipated 0.3.8 feature, model customizations, will still be released as an update within the 0.3.7 branch (SA-MP 0.3.7-DL), which players will have to download and install if they want to play on 0.3.7-DL servers. Only features related to model customization and texture downloading will be implemented on the 0.3.7-DL update.

The rest of the development progress of 0.3.8 will still be carried over to future updates within the 0.3.7 branch, merely skipping Version 0.3.8 because... Kalcor's versioning algorithm.

It has definitely caused a lot of confusion, but Kalcor used the wrong term ("cancelled") which is why everyone is freaking out. The reality is that the project is just delayed, but the numerical version (0.3.8) is no longer going to be used.

Akiba

Pretty sure DL just means Download.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Survivalmaster

I guess it's going to take longer but hey, it's still happening.

Halycen

0.3.7 DL... downlow? 

Whatsthebissinessmen

The SA-MP Developers are ignorant as fuck.

Chilli943

Onre more thing, Kalcor has suggested that at some point in the future the 0.3.7-DL features may be implemented into the main SA-MP branch. This means that this current problem may only be a temporary one!

Other than that, I am confident as DamianC has suggested that the whole situation has been blown way out of proportion and we'll make it work.

• Like 1

Buck

Thanks for the update, I think 0.3.7-DL is going to be a client of its own. 

$ettrip

Does this mean it's going to take longer?