News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Carmelo

How are gangs going to work out with the location?

Carmelo

I don't know too much about this side of the map, but I do know that from what I seen before, there wasn't really any hoods around that area. So, can someone show me where a street gang could open anyways. I just want to see what some faction leaders had in mind for compensating that we're not in LS anymore. 

Bill_Marante

There are ghetto's in San Fierro, definitely. Take a drive around San Fierro  and see for yourself and I'll be sure you'll come across a hood or two!

• Like 1

Conspiracy

You don't need a "hood" for a gang.

I take it you're referring to northeastern San Fierro and such? There are gonna be apartment complexes too eventually, don't worry.

• Like 2

Bospy

You don't need to be in a low income area to have a gang. There's plenty of street gangs in cities that are considerably richer compared to other areas. Look at Vancouver, for instance.

Edited by Bospy
  • Like 1

Carmelo

Sure,  I just have a hard time seeing gang bangers around nice neighborhoods. 

Chobi

There won't be any gang factions in BA:RP. LCN taking over once again.

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME

A hispanic gang could settle in Garcia or Doherty. Try Hashburry too with the market. Ocean Flats is so and so, it could suit a white gang maybe. The rest is all high end.

Edited by Buck

Seaworthy

San Fierro has apartment buildings, they can be the SLUMS. Just because there's not a lot of outdoorsy Compton looking areas doesn't mean there's no hoods.

Edited by Seaworthy
  • Like 1

Dae Dae

I don't think the idea of roleplaying a gang in San Fierro is based on the neighborhood we choose itself. It's based on the roleplay standards the faction sets for that particular area. You can make any area as gritty and grimey as you want to if you roleplay it right. I think opening day will be the real test to see how factions will roleplay in their areas. There's a lot of factions around where my faction is. There's some factions in the Hollows and surrounding areas. So I believe the map will be filled with activity from gangs and mafias alike.

Edited by Dae Dae
  • Like 2

King Enemy

San Fierro and Los Santos are very different when it comes to neighborhoods, LS is more suburban whereas SF is more apartment complex like where everything is so near each other. Kinda like New York City. The atmosphere will be difficult to make but not impossible, IMO you don't have to look for a ghetto area, you make a ghetto area, through roleplay. I'd say Ocean Flats and Garcia will be the equivalent to Idlewood for SF and that's where most of the gangs will set their mark in. 

Mooche

Garcia? Ocean Flats? Juniper Hill? Calton Heights? all these are what you can consider hoods in San Fierro.

• Like 2

Cruz

Drop your ass at ocean flats, if you wanna encounter a lot of set. haha

• Like 1

Dae Dae
1 hour ago, Glxrify said:

Garcia? Ocean Flats? Juniper Hill? Calton Heights? all these are what you can consider hoods in San Fierro.

This. Los Santos has made people stuck in the mind-set that gangs and criminal elements only exist in ghetto and grimey areas. But there are criminal elements where you think their aren't. Hopefully the server will have a healthy civilian community too. That would accompany a lot of gang roleplay and such. Just as long the factions and faction leaders know how to roleplay around a civilian element.

ZiiM

San Fierro has some amazing hood like areas. They have awesome alleyways and balcony's you can get access too. Which makes it cool.

Seaworthy

TBH some misc mapping would easily make some of these areas look run down if you guys are actually worried.

• Like 1