News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
nitraM

Prison Break System

nitraM

I believe a good addition to the prison system would be a Prison Break system. The way it could work is be connected to commissary items.

My idea for this system would be as follow. Please feel free to add-on to this because it's not a funny thought out idea.

Player gets arrested and is arrested for x hours lets say 6 for the example.

After the player roleplays for around 3 of those 6 hours purchasing commissary items the player can initiate a prison break(How? TBD)

Obviously it should be regulated and require a group of criminals to start. It can only happen an allotted amount of times a day as well.

The risk -

Wanted by the SFPD if you escape. There will be an APB for you until your unserved time is finished.(In this case 3 hours until the APB is gone)

Extended sentence(Half of the unserved sentence added on) So in this example they had 3 hours left they would now have 4.5 if they are caught.

Reward-

You escaped prison and didn't have to serve the last few hours.

Update -

Based on people opinion

Instead of having the remaining time added as an APB the APB becomes permanent until the player is killed or arrested by the police. (Andrew Bones, Asixl)

Longer sentence if caught. (Highwire)

Occurence change to 1 time a week (Dalek)

Discuss if you like.

Edited by nitraM

Whatsthebissinessmen

+1

Edited by Angel K

Highwire

Great idea but I think it should be a bit of a harsher sentence if caught. Maybe an additional 3-4 hours regardless of length of time left? A lot of the well-known prison escapes wouldn't be plausible here, except I did hear one from a few years ago where the escapees created a 13-foot ladder out of any scraps they could get ahold of. Also, another escape where a group of inmates overpowered 2 guards and stole their uniforms and keys. These would be a bit more possible than the infamous alcatraz escape where the men dug a hole in the wall through to a service corridor, and were never seen again. Or Dillinger's escape where he carved a wooden gun and painted it black.

Andrew Bones
54 minutes ago, nitraM said:

There will be an APB for you until your unserved time is finished.(In this case 3 hours until the APB is gone)

I don't think that's how it works, I think the APB should never expire, sounds like a good suggestion overall

Edited by Andrew Bones

Bospy

I think you posted this suggestion before but this is too gamey. Escaping prison in real life is a huge effort and an almost certain life sentence. It requires tons of planning and there really isn't any "set" method of doing it. Richard McNair, who escaped prison three different times, is now in custody in the highest-security prison - Federal ADX - with terrorists, gang leaders, and organized crime leaders. There needs to be a balance between realism and gameness, and implementing a system like this is too much in the ladder direction. Waaaay too much. There should be alternatives, like parole, but escaping prison is way too risky for the average person to consider doing on a daily basis. Do I think prison escapes should be allowed? Sure, but I think admin permission should be needed prior to that. It shouldn't be something scripted into the game, frankly, because there's other things of a bigger priority and scripting it might just encourage people to do it a lot more. When prison escapes do happen, I think there should be tons of roleplay - good roleplay, particularly, involved to do it. You can make the argument that crimes happen in an augmented rate in general and prison escapes should too, but if someone has the option to escape prison every time they get arrested, you can be sure they'll try it. People need to see a consequence in committing crime, that way they think rationally about doing it and don't throw themselves away. Escaping prison in real life is effectively throwing yourself away, because you'd have to live life on the lamb for the rest of your existence.

I think a better option is just offering parole for basically everyone after half of a sentence is up. That way, they get straight released, and there's still a sort of "monitor" on them.

Rather than this as well, I think putting effort into genuinely fun stuff to do in prison will be rewarding rather than having a script for prison breaks.

Edited by Bospy
  • Like 1

Neaksy

Requiring admin permission to carry out prison breaks is just fine. Giving the possibility to anybody after a few hours would make them too frequent and this is too RPG. It should remain exceptional. I do agree with a life sentence with no second possibility of escaping (as they would be in a high security facility) for those who fail escapes, just like real-life, it should be a risk willing to take.

Clout

Prison breaks are a rare occurrence in real life. If any sort of scripted system was implemented to break out of jail, you'd be seeing prison escapes take place consistently at a very absurd rate.

I'd rather keep it a system where you have to ask for admin permission.

Cătălin

Too much of a GTA V heist

Dalek

The only issue I have with people escaping prison is that they will have to keep buying /masks over and over again. Otherwise people will MG looking at their name above their head, and back to prison they go.

I think it would be nice if prison escapes happened once in a while e.g. Once a week maybe? instead of being super rare.

Cruz

This will be a tough one. with this idea, everyone will do prison escape to void the few hour.

ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ

No Support

Because people can plan prison heists casually with admin permission etc. this will make the server look RPGish

asixl

I don't really dig it to be honest. First of all, the APB shouldn't wear off after a few hours, you just escaped prison and you should be one if not the most wanted person in SF. In addition to that you shouldn't script a prison break system, if you want to escape prison you should ask for admin permission and plan it out with your friends on the outside. 

Pelayo
14 hours ago, Neaksy said:

Requiring admin permission to carry out prison breaks is just fine. Giving the possibility to anybody after a few hours would make them too frequent and this is too RPG. It should remain exceptional. I do agree with a life sentence with no second possibility of escaping (as they would be in a high security facility) for those who fail escapes, just like real-life, it should be a risk willing to take.

west.

Support this. Hopefully it creates some more rp in prison.

Markus.

All I can say is, prison breaks aren't something that happens everyday, so roleplaying it with admin supervision would be more than enough, as prison breaks are rare to happen due to the tight security, however if developers really want to implement such thing I don't see why not.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this