Trolleys in San Fierro

Who should control trolleys?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who should control trolleys?

• A NPC should control the trolleys in-game
    • Actual players should control the trolleys in-game

Squally

“Google, what is a trolley?”

A tram (also tramcar; and in North America streetcar, trolley, trolley car, or cable car) is a rail vehicle which runs on tracks along public urban streets, and also sometimes on a segregated right of way.[1] The lines or networks operated by tramcars are called tramways. Tramways powered by electricity, the most common type historically, were once called electric street railways (mainly in the United States) due to their being widely used in urban areas before the universal adoption of electrification.

cable-car1.jpg

Details

Cable cars can be controlled by either NPCs or actual players. In San Francisco, the cable cars begin their runs at 6 a.m. and continue until midnight.  Their can be an economy set up around cable cars in-game. As of August 2017, cable car fares are $7.00 and all fares are one way. There can be discounted fares for seniors but only during non-peak hours. Players should be allowed to purchase $17.00 day passes for their characters and players should be able to purchase all-day passports directly from the cable car operator. The cable car operator should be able to make change up to $20 only.

• Like 3

Magical 10

What if there was cable car operator as player and as NPC when the player is offline.

• Like 1

Squally
Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2018 at 1:46 PM, Negro 10 said:

What if there was cable car operator as player and as NPC when the player is offline.

@kane, is this possible?

Edit: I guess @kane didn't see this! 

Edited by Squally

Danny

The reason i voted for the NPC is because let's say, in an escape plan a player would expect the tram to arrive at an almost exact time, and that would work flawlessly with NPCs. On the other hand, a player might go afk for a minute or could miss a station.

• Like 3

Dalek

I'd like to see both. Maybe if you got paid for doing it, more players would be more inclined to do it.

• Like 1

FrodoSkjh

Should be controlled by NPC, as @Danny stated, you can't trust that a player is focusing on his job ALL the time..

• Like 1

BurgundySuit

Definitely should be controlled by NPC's.

• Like 1

Pelayo

Absolutely love the idea, creates RP, I wouldn't mind if it was controlled by a player or NPC.

• Like 2

Neaksy

If it's possible for people to get in the tram as a passenger then I'm all for it. An NPC should be driving it though.

• Like 1

west.
Posted (edited)

This would be pretty cool, ngl. I support this. This could replace taxi job or something.

Edited by west.
  • Like 2

Squally
20 hours ago, west. said:

This would be pretty cool, ngl. I support this. This could replace taxi job or something.

I don't believe it should replace taxis, but it should be another way of transportation.

Whatsthebissinessmen

Initially, I agreed with this but then getting more in depth into it, I really don't think it'll be a good idea due to SA-MP's physics in general, it might cause a lot of bugs such as vehicles getting destroyed / or people abusing it in a way which can't be predicted from now, and if the Trolley is added, I don't think it should be replaced with taxis either.

ϟϟ  Offizier

NPC unquestionably. 

• Like 1

Templar

Yeah, have an actor mount the trolley and it'll be all good. Was hoping to see this come up.

• Like 1