News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
matronex

Realistic ID's?

matronex

I remember on LSRP your id was your license, but it dosen't say anything about you.
I think we should have something so we can identify everyone on the server also when you are buying cigarettes/liqour. 
For an example. Maybe have something where it says my birthday date, address, something like that. 

• Like 1

Nasty

Agreed. But that’d mean your ID would have to change eveeytime you get a namechange, so for example after yiu change your name you can’t log on until you fill your ID in. But this can also cause issues for anyone dveloping their character if they want to RP older or rp ageing. So possibly an ID system where you can freely change your age at any time? But it may only go up. 

trophype

Yes of course I agree. And I want this on server.

Frank Kingsley

Supporting this.

Highwire

BurgundySuit

I agree.

FlowN

ID cards should be more complex. A list of all your licenses along with your vehicle's license plate is not an ID card and that's where many servers failed. Although it's a small detail, I'm really looking forwards to seeing something nice done about it.

Teoras

+Support. The little details really add to the immersion :D

Lockhart

I can see this being a problem when changing character age, unless there is a straightforward command to change this.

Also, you should put this in suggestions.

Edited by Lockhart

Blackburn

I agree with this, it should be added

Mikee
58 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

I can see this being a problem when changing character age, unless there is a straightforward command to change this.

Also, you should put this in suggestions.

If the scripter makes sure that age is dynamic in the identity card system, there should be no problem.

Anomaly

I don't see a problem in this. We can set the birth date when we create our character and the years change automatically. A lot of players abuse their age on the ID cards in clubs and stuff like this.

Marko

Totally agree, supporting.

Lockhart
1 hour ago, papanomaly said:

I don't see a problem in this. We can set the birth date when we create our character and the years change automatically. A lot of players abuse their age on the ID cards in clubs and stuff like this.

Problem is everyone ages at different rates, and you may want to make changes at any time.

It would have to be straightforward to change for it to work at the risk of it being abused to get into to clubs. Regardless when ID doesn't have an age /do just gets abused anyway to give a different age.

Edited by Lockhart