News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Xing

Gun and drug distribution.

Xing

I don't know if this was already asked or not, but how will guns and drugs be implemented into the server when there's no official factions around, just wondering if there's a scheme or something.

Mopey

I just assumed we won't have guns and drugs for the first couple weeks or so. 

This is a good question though, anyone know if the server plans to have a way to buy guns with out any regulation? Or would it be a system where one has to make a meticulous application to get gun licenses? 

Until Damien shed light on the direction the server was moving in I figured the gun distribution system would be similar to LSRP, now I'm curious. 

Jondetti
Posted (edited)

I am 90 percent sure we will not have guns for the first 1-2 weeks if not whole 3. After that, they will probably spawn some illegal goods to a few best performing factions for a price. Considering the amount of factions and players themselves my guess is that it will take 2 or so months to get official and official factions will get shipments or a warehouse of goods.

This is all my guess, though.

UPDATE: I also think that if first batch of official factions are selected after 2 months, the timer for official will just increase.

Not knowing DamianC and Pitch enough, I say that this staff will be careful as possible around weapon economy and likely drug one too.

I have been HoF in quite some servers so I know a thing or two how it all works.

Edited by Jondetti

FlowN

Although I'm not going to be involving myself in illegal roleplay, I really hope to see a more relaxed view towards the illegal gun market, unlike the super strict and non-realistic LS-RP version.

Highwire

That would be a bit awkward, not having guns or drugs for weeks, considering the amount of gangs we already have. I'm sure they have some sort of process to get things going on the first day. Perhaps some sort of black market.

Anthony_Gennaro

Although it would be weird, it is ideal to wait a week or two before kickstarting distribution. If each faction had a handout on the first week, they could fuck around and close the next. Wasted resources and time. 

Distribution could be done systematically. Leaders of his or her faction apply for a specific drug or weapon. Keep the distribution strict and without any variables. By that, I mean, hey, don’t give every kind of drug (whatever the drug names will be anyway) to each faction. Diversify the supplies. Meth could go to bikers. Heroin to our friendly Chinese cliques. Submachine guns to the gangs. You know what I’m saying here.

• Like 3

R.Hout

I honestly hope the administration doesn't distribute it through a application and what not. It kills immersion for me. What would be cool to see is possibly have a system in place for folks to obtain firearms through IC means until the time comes for factions to get Official. But who knows, maybe management already has something in the works! 

Montreal
30 minutes ago, itsthemano said:

Worthy and trustable official factions will probably be able to get their hands on handguns and other heavy artillery. To acquire weapons they would probably have to fill out some type of form in order to apply for a permission, which would be sent to the staff team/faction management. I doubt we will have access to weapons the first weeks of the server launch.

Please let's not make this another cesspool of bureaucracy, LS-RP has shown us what that does. I don't want to spend the time I could roleplaying, on forums filling forms and posting applications for basic shit.

Edited by Montreal
  • Like 2

FroxZ

My opinion on this is that certain admins would be given weaponry and would be told to go and sell the weaponry to certain factions which do well in a course of 2 weeks or even 1 month. After they sell the weapon to the faction, the buyers might decide to sell the weapon for profit and continue the gun trafficking or just keep their weapons and basically have better protection from the completion.

EDIT : + Official Faction Weaponry producing.

Also I think that Official Factions are supposed to purchase a "trap" house where they can start producing their weaponry, since I never managed this type of stuff and in my perspective a pistol should go around for 50k-60k, with let's say 70 bullets. The factions which wish to make profit would obviously go to the more successful factions because they will have more money then all of the other lads and stick to their connections. Obviously making money  from the guns that they are selling.

However if they wish to pick up on a faction which is not developing that well and also has economical issues then the business obviously would be more bad and the progress would be made slower. So in this case to get the more weapons you should produce better role play so you can look better and more unique from the others... that is what I think.

+ Sticking to Lonely Wolfs.

When you decide to stick to a single person and become his so called "plug" would be just fine as long as they have the money and time that you require to sell them the products that you make. So let's say that you find a rich guy who does not wish to apply for a firearm license but wants to purchase an ILLEGAL one from you.  The price should be a little more higher since you might get some better profit from him.

Edited by FroxZ

es.tv14^

Trustworthy strawmen might be picked, maybe they will come across your faction.

Blackburn

ammu_sf.jpg

PurpleVase24
17 hours ago, Highwire said:

That would be a bit awkward, not having guns or drugs for weeks, considering the amount of gangs we already have.

Gangs are not always about guns or drugs. Prohibiting both guns and drugs for some weeks is a good way to get a controlled server-start. I really hope this is not going to end the same way it did with another big role-play server. Let's hope for the best.

Simeon

Filling out forum applications and sending weekly screenshots is anti-RP. Obviously a temporary system would first exist before a permanent one is cemented, but I hope the permanent one isn't what I mentioned.

FroxZ
17 hours ago, Highwire said:

That would be a bit awkward, not having guns or drugs for weeks, considering the amount of gangs we already have. I'm sure they have some sort of process to get things going on the first day. Perhaps some sort of black market.

It's all about role play and decisions. If a gang gets some weapons, some of they would surely decide to make some cash out of those firearms and sell them around town for a good price which can get them for example a car or something else. Let's don't forget that people also want to purchase properties at their so called 'Turfs" and a good way of gaining those money to purchase the property is basically selling weapons, if you sell an UZI with 200 bullets for around 120k or something, idk. You might be able to get a house and produce some better role play and catch the eye of a strawmen who wishes to sell you something. Who knows.

• Like 1

Mikee
43 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

ammu_sf.jpg

Weapons purchased from state-authorized shops have the serial code and are therefore traceable in a very easy way. Gangsters, mobsters, and criminals certainly do not buy their weapons from legal shops.