Wajahat

Bank Loans!

Do you like this idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Wajahat

My idea is, people should be able to take a short term or long term loan from the bank.

For example,

Person A wants $100,000. He goes to the bank and takes the loan for certain time period (i.e, 10-15 IRL days). Now he has to repay the money back to the bank in the maturity time period or else his money will automatically be deducted and will go in a negative balance.

To make it easy, certain amounts can be fixed that can be taken as loan. Like we have options like taking $10,000, $100,000 or $1,000,000 fixed. 

Now a common question that will pop up in all of our brains is that people will abuse this and leave the server or make another account after taking the loan. A simple solution for this that I think might work is that there will be a restriction on taking loan. Like only people above level 5 can take loans. Or people must lend something to the bank in order to recive large amounts of load (Mortgage Loan)

This is my idea, think about it. I will be something new. 

I know this is not the perfect way to explain this but I just expressed what I think might work.

Pitchounette

What will happen if the money is not paid in time, or if ever?

Bospy
5 minutes ago, Pitchounette said:

What will happen if the money is not paid in time, or if ever?

Could be that interest/debt builds up and we could program a credit system. If someone doesn't pay it within X amount of time after going into debt, they need to declare bankruptcy/etc.

Pitchounette
5 minutes ago, Bospy said:

Could be that interest/debt builds up and we could program a credit system. If someone doesn't pay it within X amount of time after going into debt, they need to declare bankruptcy/etc.

What if they just create a new character and/or namechange? What about the items/property bought with the money that may or may not be transferable?

• Like 1

Bospy
Just now, Pitchounette said:

What if they just create a new character and/or namechange? What about the items/property bought with the money that may or may not be transferable?

Prerequisite similar to court cases: can't namechange. If you CK, you lose the money. It's somewhat complicated but it could be scripted to have a sort of "debt" variable that restricts you from namechanging unless the debt is paid off/bankruptcy declared, might take a little bit of work to script. I'd say if anything it's a low priority, but it'd be an interesting system. Something to replace it before it's scripted could easily be just a government-run program, but even then that'd require a bit of infrastructure that staff would need to handle, so it's a bit far out of sight.

Conspiracy
Posted (edited)

Perhaps my biggest concern when it comes to this is not that it can be abused super easily, but that it can completely ruin newcomers' motivation to go in-game once their money goes below zero. When you're in debt, you can't afford to do anything, so people are likely to just logout and never play again, or abandon their characters (which is equally depressing). I've seen loan-related roleplay take place as early as 2010, and it's something great when done properly, but honestly? As much as I hate seeing people argue with each other OOCly over who hasn't paid his loan in time (something which I'm sure most of you have seen before), I'd much rather not have such a feature scripted. Also, y'all are forgetting that people can just /pay away the money to their friends.

Way too many variables and work involved for little to no benefit, especially when you take into consideration that players have no immediate costs like in real life. You can literally never work in-game, never earn a single penny, yet you'd still be alive and well -- so, in that case, why would you need loans that badly? I'm getting the feeling that the majority of players getting such loans would be inexperienced -- they'd just spend away their money in a rush, get in debt and then leave the server. It's a nice idea, it really is, but I think there will be some pretty big drawbacks if implemented.

Edited by Conspiracy
  • Like 3

Bospy
6 minutes ago, Conspiracy said:

Way too many variables and work involved for little to no benefit, especially when you take into consideration that players have no immediate costs like in real life. You can literally never work in-game, never earn a single penny, yet you'd still be alive and well -- so, in that case, why would you need loans that badly? I'm getting the feeling that the majority of players getting such loans would be inexperienced -- they'd just spend away their money in a rush, get in debt and then leave the server. It's a nice idea, it really is, but there will be some pretty big drawbacks if implemented, I think.

I think it might be worth restricting it to "higher-tier" players who have more experience/are of a higher level and understand the risk. Maybe when there's a proper city infrastructure in the future, it'd be a nice idea for startup businesses and what not. But I will agree here, I don't think it's something 100% needed for the launch.

glass shatters

I wouldn't necessarily disclose bankruptcy, but the player can make up the loan/interest by offering a collateral to the bank, something valuable(an apartment, a vehicle, etc). Of course this should depend on the loan cap and payback deadline. Albeit having such terms, could bring general frustration and force players into loosing their assets. It's an overall good idea, but just like Bospy said - this could be implemented after the server has a stable economical structure. 

ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ

Players should own small banks where they can do loan business, scripting that is just useless and will make everything harder.

No Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dalek

Conspiracy summed it up perfectly. It would interesting to allow people to take out loans etc. But realistically, not many people will grind their way back out of debt, especially if it's a crippling amount. I suppose you could somehow maybe put a script in place to disallow loan money being shared but even so; it would just negatively effect the economy in the long run if people can run themselves into debt at any time, especially when they're new. They can easily blow $100,000 on a nice vehicle, get bored and are then stuck in a loop of being in debt for ages and not able to buy or interact properly on the server, so they either leave or keep borrowing money off of players.

Clout

I don't see this working. There's a lot of factors that'd have to be considered and I feel like something such as this would just be a mess.

Tavio
On 1/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, Bospy said:

I think it might be worth restricting it to "higher-tier" players who have more experience/are of a higher level and understand the risk. Maybe when there's a proper city infrastructure in the future, it'd be a nice idea for startup businesses and what not. But I will agree here, I don't think it's something 100% needed for the launch.

Honestly, I totally agree with what everyone said against this suggestion. But this statement is quite unfair, I get what you were trying to accomplish with that addition, but think of it like this. A new player joins the server and can not get a loan to start himself off, has to grind a lot of time in game to collect some money. Higher level, more experienced, probably has more money and more knowledge of how the server works and how to earn easily and have fun doing it. So you can see how quite unfair it would be to restrict it to higher-tier players.

Sign in to follow this