Bunting

FD Suggestions and random suggestions

Bunting    44
Bunting

Well obviously we have no server yet so I am not quite sure what we have and what we don't have... so i'll go into what I think we should have, and the devs can slap me across the head and say "NO BUNTING, we already have this" or it may be the fact that it cannot be done etc...

So, leeeets get riiiiiiiiiiight into the suggestions.

• Allow the rank of Captain+ to /setrank.
  • Allow the rank of Assistant Chief and Chief to /createrankname so we don't have to beg the owners to change them everytime they're needed.
  • Allow the rank of Assistant Chief+ to /createfire, thus allowing the FD to RP fires, then we won't be falling asleep waiting for a medical call.
  • Add a /gov command and allow Assistant Chief + to use it.
  • A unique radio frequency so random folk can't join in and disturb us.
  • A dialogue that allows Captain+ to manage the faction, meaning that if a player is offline we can still do things like promote, demote, fire etc...
  •   Give SFPD, SFFD and DOT their own unique forum, this allowing us to create what we need, and then we have the power to do what we need to do, as on here, we have barely any power of our sections. (Obviously this costs money so it's not mandatory)
  • A /ladder command, this is something we need, as we y'know, sometimes need to get up onto roofs, and it's quite hard to do so without a ladder.
  • A dynamic water feature, meaning that a firetruck can only carry so much water, however there can be like a command to connect a hose to a hydrant, then attach the hose to the truck and then yeah... water. (Pretty sure this is possible, not sure)
  • A system that if a player crashes into something at a certain speed, it causes them to like blackout, thus increasing medical roleplay.
  • A /equip and /skin feature at the vehicles, this meaning we can deploy without the need of getting into fire gear beforehand, it's also silly when an engine crew rocks up to a medical call in full fire apparatus
  • A /rebreather command and /tank command, so during fires the crew will not lose HP, this also means, if someone forgets to do the commands then they will pass out and need treatment
  • The ability for faction leaders to buy/sell faction vehicles, this will fall under the government budget, and will be replenished every month.

Added

• A Volunteer Firefighter system - Now this is an interesting one, the way this is scripted is this would be classed as allowing a person to utilise department equipment, however they're not directly in the faction, what I mean by this is that the Chief and Assistant Chief can use a command called /volunteerff and this then allows people to use specific equipment within the faction, however they wouldn't get a department paygrade and they can still be within a different faction. NOW I am not sure if this is actually possible, however this would be a cool thing to be added, we can obviously do it differently if not possible.
  • A medical licensing system.
  • Drug prescription system

More suggestions to be added at a later date!   

Edited by Bunting
  • Like 2

thatoneiowan    81
thatoneiowan

I would also appreciate a way to change faction ranks/names within DOT

Could you be more specific on /gov? I *think* I know what you're referring to - like a server-wide IC broadcast - but am not sure. This also may be better done through some form of emergency notification system rather than just some random message showing up. This could also trip a notification for DOT/admins to turn on DMS if they are implemented. 

Other commands suggested would probably not be a bad idea either

Colby    0
Colby
1 hour ago, thatoneiowan said:

I would also appreciate a way to change faction ranks/names within DOT

Could you be more specific on /gov? I *think* I know what you're referring to - like a server-wide IC broadcast - but am not sure. This also may be better done through some form of emergency notification system rather than just some random message showing up. This could also trip a notification for DOT/admins to turn on DMS if they are implemented. 

Other commands suggested would probably not be a bad idea either

Within DOT?

Kebab    0
Kebab
1 hour ago, Colby said:

Within DOT?

Assuming he refers to the Department of Transportation.

More so, this seems like a reasonable suggestion.

I personally, don't see how this would make much of a negative impact.

Whiskey    64
Whiskey

Sounds great. 

It would be awesome to see /ladder. It shouldn't be restricted to FD though, Maybe just free and more accessible for FD. It could be purchasable at hardware stores, object that must be carried, dropped, stored in a vehicle or placed.

There will probably be a frequencies/channels system for radios, if not, I'd suggest it.

- /setfrequency  [1-99999] etc

Also, I can't think of anything right now but there could be some sort of feature so fires occur on-cue. It should be a reaction from player action(s) though, not just random occurance. [caused by players]

I don't want to roleplay injuries over a car accident so I am stronglyagainst the blackout thing. Maybe players could just lose 'some' health from accidents.

As for the water limitations, those water cannon are hardcoded in GTA. I highly doubt it's possibly, there would be away around it but it just doesn't seem necessary.

(Phone)

thatoneiowan    81
thatoneiowan
54 minutes ago, Kebab said:

Assuming he refers to the Department of Transportation.

More so, this seems like a reasonable suggestion.

I personally, don't see how this would make much of a negative impact.

Yes this is correct half the time I am incoherent even when I am awake. I was going to mention that I think it'd be nice for all factions but obviously didn't get that far...

Building off of what Whiskey put I didn't even consider the possibility of opening up the ladder command. That would also be nice. I don't know how I'm supposed to clean the gutters without a ladder. 

Maybe for fires, could have lightning strikes when it rains, kitchen fires if a player is in their house, BBQ fires, I'm not a firefighter but I'm sure there's various ways that fires start that could probably be implemented. 

Bunting    44
Bunting

The fact why I suggested the blackout system is due to people crashing into a wall going buck 60 and just brush it off as if nothing happened, from FD's side, that gives us barely any calls unless there's that one person who will RP it, it's possible due to a previous server having it that I used to play on.

With the water system, it's possible as far as i'm aware, however it will take some scripting to get it to work, so that's something we can also leave out.

EDIT: I like the idea of the let's say "natural and unnatural causes", however, i'm not sure how that can work on an scripting kind of standpoint, if it's possible then hell, go for it, first time i'd have seen that on a server, but eitherway, both works, just ensure it's not buggy and literally call after call, we don't want to be overrun xD

Edited by Bunting

Bunting    44
Bunting

Added another to the list!

Bunting    44
Bunting

Added two more!

• Medical Licensing System
  • Drug Prescription System

Bishop    72
Bishop

Would be cool if FD are allowed to ride in their personal vehicles (non-sport) and roleplay normally, civilian whilst on-duty. Keeping a medical kit in their vehicle. 

This way we can interact with normal civilian roleplayers and be ready for a situation if needed be, without waiting for a fire to be set or a medical call.

Just a random suggestion that came to mind.

Hercules    8
Hercules

I don't support the prescription system as it's not the fire department's job. Save it for a hospital faction, the entire point of a fire department is pre-hospital care.

16 hours ago, KillaWabz said:

Would be cool if FD are allowed to ride in their personal vehicles (non-sport) and roleplay normally, civilian whilst on-duty. Keeping a medical kit in their vehicle. 

This way we can interact with normal civilian roleplayers and be ready for a situation if needed be, without waiting for a fire to be set or a medical call.

Just a random suggestion that came to mind.

That sounds like you're describing a volunteer firefighter which is unrealistic for a city based off of San Francisco. If we were doing a small county type of thing, I would say go for it but we're not. However, volunteers in a large city department aren't unheard of -- Los Angeles, for example, has people that volunteer in their Community Emergency Response Team and/or their Fire Crews. I think the idea set forth by Bunting would be appropriate for the volunteer scheme if possible.

I guarantee the "limited water" wouldn't work because there is no way to hook up to a hydrant in the game, SA:MP isn't as advanced as Multi Theft Auto where it /MAY/ be possible.

Would make more sense if /rebreather and /tank were /smask and /scba because it's not called a "tank" in real life -- it's either called an air pack or SCBA depending on where you're from. Where I live we just call them "packs", "put on a pack and go interior". It's really personal preference as to what you call them to be fair. I don't really see an issue with anything else to be fair, good suggestions, Bunting.

syler    31
syler
17 minutes ago, Hercules said:

I don't support the prescription system as it's not the fire department's job. Save it for a hospital faction, the entire point of a fire department is pre-hospital care.

That sounds like you're describing a volunteer firefighter which is unrealistic for a city based off of San Francisco. If we were doing a small county type of thing, I would say go for it but we're not. However, volunteers in a large city department aren't unheard of -- Los Angeles, for example, has people that volunteer in their Community Emergency Response Team and/or their Fire Crews. I think the idea set forth by Bunting would be appropriate for the volunteer scheme if possible.

I guarantee the "limited water" wouldn't work because there is no way to hook up to a hydrant in the game, SA:MP isn't as advanced as Multi Theft Auto where it /MAY/ be possible.

Would make more sense if /rebreather and /tank were /smask and /scba because it's not called a "tank" in real life -- it's either called an air pack or SCBA depending on where you're from. Where I live we just call them "packs", "put on a pack and go interior". It's really personal preference as to what you call them to be fair. I don't really see an issue with anything else to be fair, good suggestions, Bunting.

Having two separate factions for somewhat the same thing is too much in my opinion. May as well just stick it all in one to save wasted time and things like that.

Hercules    8
Hercules
Just now, syler said:

Having two separate factions for somewhat the same thing is too much in my opinion. May as well just stick it all in one to save wasted time and things like that.

Last I checked, this was a role play server where realism is the product of what we try to achieve. Therefore, it's only /realistic/ for the fire department to not prescribe medication as they are not medical doctors and merely EMTs/Paramedics

syler    31
syler
Just now, Hercules said:

Last I checked, this was a role play server where realism is the product of what we try to achieve. Therefore, it's only /realistic/ for the fire department to not prescribe medication as they are not medical doctors and merely EMTs/Paramedics

A lot of things aren't added to roleplay servers which happen in real life. Just because it's a thing in the real world doesn't mean that it has to be added. In all honesty I highly doubt the server will manage to be able to host two separate medical factions and keep them both accurate, take LSRP for example. When it averages 500-600 players daily it barely managed to have over 8 FD members online, this server will most likely be the same as that. Medical RP is nowhere as fun as let's say police RP, criminal RP and stuff like that once again because people hate RPing like that.

kane    535
kane

Will take this suggestion to advice as I tweak the faction system.

Majority IS the faction system.