News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Accessories / Toys.

Nemo

I don't know how that system currently works on this server for now, but I want to suggest something about it.

On the most server I played I have seen that amount of toys / accessories / clothing items (Not sure what you guys call it) are limited to five or seven, and the limit exists to avoid players abusing it and using them non-realistically. To me, it's kinda foolish because if you want to use accessory non-realistically, you can do it even with one. I want to suggest to raise the limit if it's possible, because players can get more creative and have more unique outfits that way. If you let them use 20 accessories at once, players will become creative, attach a lot of different stuff to their character and become way more unique.

Also, the system which I saw on RC-RP, not sure if it's cool to copy their system for accessories, but it would be amazing to see ability to change color of your item, it's the best thing I have seen on SA-MP regarding those items.

lordt

The only problem I can see is that if people decide to make an entire outfit, it ruins the look of the player, especially those with modded skins which don't have the correct placement and end up looking horrible. So, no.

Nemo
9 minutes ago, lordt said:

The only problem I can see is that if people decide to make an entire outfit, it ruins the look of the player, especially those with modded skins which don't have the correct placement and end up looking horrible. So, no.

It can be ruined in any way, I am just asking to increase the limit, if you use mods, placement is going to be horrible even with one accessory, it has nothing to do with the amount.

Melanie
28 minutes ago, lordt said:

Mods are on your own end, a clothing limit of 10 would be fine though. 

Survivalmaster

With us using 0.3.8 we can create custom accessories and add more possibilities, at the end of the day if the players want their custom stuff on their side they are more than welcome to.

lordt
57 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It can be ruined in any way, I am just asking to increase the limit, if you use mods, placement is going to be horrible even with one accessory, it has nothing to do with the amount.

Not really, the more slots we have the more people are going to make complete outfits instead of actual "accessories". That's just my two cents. I personally don't use clothing other than a bandana, hat or watch.

Nemo
11 minutes ago, lordt said:

Not really, the more slots we have the more people are going to make complete outfits instead of actual "accessories". That's just my two cents. I personally don't use clothing other than a bandana, hat or watch.

Its not going to be unlimited to build a whole new outfit, 20 slots would be perfect for small details so its same whether they have twenty or ten. It has more positive than negative.

Sowson

Definitely yes, and if someone is so retarded to mess up a thing that's so simple, they should be fucking banned.

Sowson

And make it 5 slots, if you want a whole outfit, you:

A) go to moviestarplanet because GTA is not a dressing simulator

B) deal with it bruv

Guest kane

An accessories system will be implemented with Damian's establishment system.

We'll have to see if more then 5 attach slots is feasible. You still have to account for slots that are used for handcuffs, weapons, and et cetera.

Neaksy

The limit is based on SA-MP limitations more than to prevent trolling. I believe there should be no limit on the amount of accessories you can have in your inventory, but obviously there should be a limit of around five you can wear simultaneously, as Kane said there has to be a few slots left for cuffs, weapons you can't hide, your phone and some stuff I'm probably missing.

Speaking of accessories, I'd like to see 0.3-DL features used to the point where there are plenty of new accessories added, for instance being able to buy wigs or different facial hair that you'd place on your character. That would be extremely more useful than having to buy black hats to make a beard. This coincides with your suggestion as you could change the colors of those items.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 1

Guest kane

Going to archive this, will be a feature.

Sign in to follow this