News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Sombra

Prison/jail

Sombra

I know this has already been mentioned in another thread, but it was more of a "mega thread". I felt this deserved it's own topic.

It may not be necessary to add a large-scale prison during the initial few weeks/months of the server, however, after so long, it will be. Criminal roleplay is one of the most sought out areas of RP on any server, SA:MP or otherwise, and at some point, more often than not, a criminal is going to end up in lockup. 

As this server is still in its early stages, I would suggest creating a small-scale facility to house any/all criminals who're arrested & "sentenced" (you know what I mean). For this, you'd need only the essentials, and roleplay itself would take care of the rest. Things such as:

- A couple of cellblocks; cell doors (open/close) and an intercom. A few tables/chairs in each cellblock & a few phones. 

- A processing facility, a medical bay and a reception.

- A yard with some basics (typical gym equipment, sports such as bball etc.)

- A segregated yard & cellblock for misbehaving inmates

(possibly an area for trolls and/or rulebreakers)

As the server develops, as I mentioned, a more large-scale facility could be added, with a ton of features and mapping, but for now, the essentials and the bare basics would most certainly do. Not only would this add immersion to a criminal roleplayer's character [story] but it would give the opportunity to create another legal/government faction (Corrections/prison guards) and possibly even criminal prison factions.

I, myself, have previously RPed on both the legal and illegal side of a prison, and the possibilities are ace. It's a different kind of concept and it can work incredibly well if the right people are behind the legal and illegal factions. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done research into prison gangs and whatnot, so I'd suggest that anybody who knows what they're talking about pitches in with some ideas.

Just bare in mind that I'm trying to give a basic idea of how a smaller-scale facility would work whilst other things are developed on, rather than asking the developers to go ahead and create a massive prison facility from the get-go - which would be unnecessary (that's an understatement).

Share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions. I can add additional details when & if necessary.

• Like 3

Kaprisas

Segregate prison cell blocks according to genders, put at least one cell block for females only.

Zenophobia

Nice to see you again, Fitzy.

Like Sombra said, a small prison or jail would be nice to see to start with.

As nice as segregated cell blocks would be, it probably won't happen.  It'd be too much for the COs to deal with two separate facilities unless they specifically make two separate factions for each facility.

Exodus
1 hour ago, Zenophobia said:

Nice to see you again, Fitzy.

Like Sombra said, a small prison or jail would be nice to see to start with.

As nice as segregated cell blocks would be, it probably won't happen.  It'd be too much for the COs to deal with two separate facilities unless they specifically make two separate factions for each facility.

Oh god, what are you doing here?

OT: I doubt we need segregation in the first few days/weeks/months, we need to see the playerbase then we can evaluate what we actually need.

Sombra

Haha, good to see you here, too, Billie! 

These two are absolutely right in what they are saying about segregation. It's too much work, for too little advantages - for now, at least.

KarloB

Something on a small-scale would be ideal as the server is still growing and a massive prison would just look empty. One cell-block would be plenty. I agree with Billie 100%, prison RP is something a lot of people enjoy and the server would definitely be missing out if it didn't have one. Default county jail cells are only as interesting as the person you're bunked with because there's really not much to RP in there and people just end up AFKing in their cells.

All you'd need for starts is one cell-block, some type of rec area, a med bay, a locker room for COs and a control room.

Sombra

Exactly, we can start small and build off of what we have at a later date. I'd say start with two cell blocks, as a minimum, rather than one, though. Some sort of segregation (either racial segregation/IC segregation or OOC segregation for bad apples) might be necessary, regardless of the server's population.

syler
On 19/10/2017 at 12:18 AM, Kaprisas said:

Segregate prison cell blocks according to genders, put at least one cell block for females only.

Only issue I see with this is that due to the lack of female criminals and the fact there's more people roleplaying as male than female, female's that wish to engage in prison roleplay have very few opportunities to do so.

Simeon

The San Andreas Federal Mint building in Queens would make a good county jail. It's within the city so the police and visitors won't have to drive to odd places. It's the most secure-looking building in the city. The mapping gives off a jail vibe. It looks compact enough to fit with the server population numbers, instead of having a big prison with a giant yard. Better to start off small.

If it's a jail it gives a reason for law enforcement factions to have jurisdiction over it, and role play inside, if the server doesn't have a corrections faction. If it's a jail it's also easier for players to role play things such as getting out on bail or the charges not sticking, since a prison is where you go if you're found guilty and convicted.

Jizzy’s Club would make a good jail too if mapped correctly.

Edited by Simeon
  • Like 1

JackH

I agree that starting off with SF County Jail would work nicely just at the start, so the PD can realistically have the jurisdiction since there is no SADOC in place yet.

Stephen_Plascencia

I’d vote yes. And this is a great idea because females do not be in the same prison as males. That’s not realistic. Other things to, they should have judges and a court house. Also have a probation officers such and such and make a GPS thing that tracks the player and stuff like that. Other thing, have Child Protective Services, not everybody on the server is adults it might be kids and stuff. I don’t know I feel as though it’ll be more RP all around whether you are a gangbanger, cilvillan, cop, etc.

state raised

This should definitely be implemented and it serves as a really nice starter to what then can be built upon as the player base grows.

Sign in to follow this